Friday, May 24, 2019

Seif Day 3

4/6.  Good set of questions for me.  I'm really hoping to avoid a third straight bad beat in LLL, but at least my regular LL season has gotten off to a good start.

1. Training Day :), D11.  I remember all the controversy of Denzel Washington not winning for Hurricane and then winning this the following year.  I didn't know he'd won a Supporting Actor award until I read this question.  I think I could have come up with Glory for it, but luckily I didn't have to try.

2. Yahtzee :), D31.  I was playing this with my older daughter a few months ago.  Otherwise, I'm very uncertain I would have gotten this.

3. Stars :(, D23.  Do I get partial credit for getting the sport right?

4. Serbia, Montenegro :), D20.  Gimme, especially since it eventually changed its name from Yugoslavia to Serbia and Montenegro.

5. Penset ergo sum :(, D12.  I knew exactly what the question was talking about, I just had no idea what the first word was.  Too bad.

6. Poutine :), D02.  I've never heard of the French dish, but this was the only Quebec dish I could think of, so it was poutine or bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment