Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Jesse Day 1

3/6 I was in a rush today so didn't give these much thought.

1. The Mishnah and the Gemara are the two components of what central text in Rabbinic literature?
Correct Answer: TALMUD
Your Answer: Talmud
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I went to hebrew after school and this was the first thing I thought of. 

2. Plugs, spoons, jigs, spinners, and bugs are all related items used during what outdoor activity?
Correct Answer: FISHING
Your Answer: Fishing
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Debated whether to put Fly fishing. Decided fishing encapsulated fly fishing. Glad I wasn't over specific. 

3. A view to the east from the asylum at Saint-Rémy-de-Provence—a stylized scene prominently featuring a cypress tree with the village center in the background. This actually describes several post-impressionist paintings, but of those, the one that is by far the most famous has what title?
Correct Answer: THE STARRY NIGHT
Your Answer: The Starry Night
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

First thing that popped into my head. Wasn't sure if it was Starry Night, A Starry Night, or The Starry Night. Guessed right, not that I think it would matter. 

4. What city, created from the consolidation of its two namesake towns in 1913, is the most populous in the United States whose common name contains a hyphen? Its minor league baseball team is the Dash, in (slightly inaccurate) reference to the symbol.
Correct Answer: WINSTON-SALEM, NORTH CAROLINA
Your Answer: Wilkes-Barre
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Ohhh, not sure I would have gotten there. Once I had Wilkes-Barre in my head I was ready to call it a day.  

5. How much money you got? How many problems you got? How many people done doubted you? What is rapper 21 Savage's answer to these and many other questions, from the lyrics (and title) of his recently released song?
Correct Answer: A LOT
Your Answer: Don't matter
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Never heard the song. My version seems a little more modest. 

6. The culinary vegetable known as the sunchoke, sunroot, or topinambour, is also known as an "artichoke" that is named after what city (though it is neither an artichoke nor related to the city in any way)?
Correct Answer: JERUSALEM
Your Answer: Sunnydale
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3  

This was so gettable. I think if I had thought about this longer I would get it. This will kill me on D!
---------------------------------------
Jesse Weisz
Executive Director, GEEO Teacher Travel Programs
Website: www.geeo.org
Address: 700 East Main Street, Norristown, PA 19401

No comments:

Post a Comment