Thursday, May 30, 2019

Seif Day 6 vs. Andy (LLL)

Very disappointing 2/6 (or 1/6 if Thorsten is in a particularly harsh mood).  I really thought I'd done better, and I think my D was pretty bad, too, given that some questions I thought were easy turn out to actually be quite hard.  Since Andy clearly can no longer lower himself to post on this blog, I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out whether I beat him or not.

1. Fruit cake :(, D00.  I thought this was easy and gave it low D.  I've actually never even heard of the answer.

2. Da Vinci :(, D21.  Really thought I knew this and that it was right.  Nope!

3. Hansel and Gretel :(, D31.  Sleeping Beauty was one of the roughly half dozen things I was considering, but I really had no more than a 1/6 shot of getting this.

4. Primate :), D12.  At least one of the questions was easy for me today...

5. Whose Line Is It Anyway? :(, D22.  I had no clue here, so I just took a random shot.

6. Going to need a bigger boat :/, D13.  I'm guessing Thorsten probably lets go the fact that I replaced "gonna" with "going to," but we'll see.  Assuming I do get credit for this, it's the sole high point of today's questions for me.  I've never seen Jaws (I know, I know...) and I only knew this because--and I promise this isn't a spoiler--there's a parody of this line in the series finale of Breaking Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment