5/6 today once again. This has been a strong start for me this season (my terrible loss to Steiny in LLL yesterday notwithstanding). Unlike yesterday, where I needed a lot of luck to get 5/6, today the questions played right to my strengths. Actually, I feel like I really should have had all six.
1. Great Red Spot :), D21. Not quite a gimme because I wasn't sure what the first word was. I've always just referred to it as the "red spot," so I considered putting down giant instead of great. Phew!
2. Wolf :(, D13. So gettable. I'm a bit annoyed I missed this. I've read many of Dahl's books, but not the relevant one here. So, as soon as I thought of an animal that was also a common last name, I put it down and didn't think about it anymore.
3. Rothschild :), D21. Gimme.
4. Iberian Peninsula :), D12. I'm curious as to how hard people will find this. The key for me was remembering that Ferdinand and Isabella completed their reconquest of Spain the same year that Columbus sailed. Even without this, Andalus sounds enough like Andalusia to be a big clue.
5. Real numbers :), D30. Gimme. D3 because my LL opponent's worst category is math.
6. Ivory Coast :), D02. Gimme. Maybe I shouldn't have given Brian D2 here. I'm kind of regretting it.
1. Great Red Spot :), D21. Not quite a gimme because I wasn't sure what the first word was. I've always just referred to it as the "red spot," so I considered putting down giant instead of great. Phew!
2. Wolf :(, D13. So gettable. I'm a bit annoyed I missed this. I've read many of Dahl's books, but not the relevant one here. So, as soon as I thought of an animal that was also a common last name, I put it down and didn't think about it anymore.
3. Rothschild :), D21. Gimme.
4. Iberian Peninsula :), D12. I'm curious as to how hard people will find this. The key for me was remembering that Ferdinand and Isabella completed their reconquest of Spain the same year that Columbus sailed. Even without this, Andalus sounds enough like Andalusia to be a big clue.
5. Real numbers :), D30. Gimme. D3 because my LL opponent's worst category is math.
6. Ivory Coast :), D02. Gimme. Maybe I shouldn't have given Brian D2 here. I'm kind of regretting it.
No comments:
Post a Comment