4/6 today with two very gettable misses. I see my esteemed LLL opponent has posted so I'll tabulate the score as I go.
1. :) - 'Carried home' made this much easier, doubt I would have gotten this one without it. D2/1.
Pelc leads 2(1)-0(0)
2. :( - I figured out Thor first and then guessed something Marvel related. Days of the week didn't even occur to me, which is a bad miss. D3/2.
Tie ballgame 2(1) - 2(1)
3. :) - Pretty much the only way I get art questions correct is when it's simple math like Monet = Water Lilies. Should've defended accordingly, despite Mr. Mirkin's similar struggles with art. Luckily he was even more aggressive here. D0/2.
Pelc leads 5(2)-4(2).
4. :( - This is a killer. It's been ages since I've read Heart of Darkness and I totally blanked on it. To make matters worse, Mirkin's struggles in literature led me to a killer defensive mistake. D2/3 - Mirkin leads 7(3)-5(2).
5. :) - Holt was the only one I knew. D1/1.
Mirkin leads 7(3) - 6(3).
6. :) - I'm not so strong in geography but knew this one. D1/0.
A thrilling, poorly defended slugfest ends in a 7(4)-7(4) tie.
Good game, Mirkin!
No comments:
Post a Comment