Saturday, March 7, 2026

Diane Days 9/10: 4/6 and 3/6

A few hectic days, so I didn't manage to review my matches, but I did good! Two wins, and one of them I won because of points, which made me feel smart ğŸ¤£

Match Day 9:
1. ❌ I'd never heard of this game. I guessed Tenzi. I assigned it zero, assuming it was a gimme for everyone else.
2. ✅  Clan of the Cave Bear. I assigned it 2 points.
3. ✅ Mata Hari. Assigned 1 point.
4. ✅ Frost / Nixon. You know, back in the day when breaking the law was seen to be disqualifying for a president, and saying shit like, "When the president does it, it's not illegal" was shameful enough to warrant a resignation. I assigned it 3 points, because my opponent hadn't done well on history or theater questions.
5. ✅ Call Sheet.  2 points.
6. ❌ I said Bichon Frise, thinking the frise could refer to wispy butterfly-esque ears. I assigned it 1 point, because my opponent seemed like a dog person:)

Match Day 10:
1. ❌ I'm mad that I didn't get this, and really impressed/sobered that the AIDS quilt was so big. I said Slavery, and assigned it 3 points.
2. ✅ OMG DON'T GET ME STARTED ON LIBERTY UNIVERSITY. Sorry if anyone reading this went there. But I work in Religious Studies (I'm a medievalist historian of Christianity) and LU has been, to put it mildly, not a great influence for my field (and this country). I assigned it 1 point.
3. ✅ Dominican Republic:)  Lucky guess, actually. 2 points
4. ✅ I said "Toddlers" and mercifully it was counted as correct. 
5. ❌ Hadn't a clue. Assigned it 2 points because my opponent was science-y.
6. ❌ Apparently I need to drink more:) I assigned this 0 points, which was helpful because my opponent did, in fact, get it right. Also, I feel less bad knowing that my answer was the most common wrong answer (Madeira).

Hope everyone's doing well.

Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment