Monday, March 16, 2026

Brian Day 16 and Mid-Season Classic

 74th %ile on the mid-season, with 9 correct.  Would've been 90th had I moneyed optimally.  Surprised the math q wasn't a good money.

A very lucky 5/6 today, could easily have been 2.

1) Bossa nova 3/2  Luckiest get of the season.  Popped into my head, no idea what it is or if it's even Brazilian.  

2) bullets, plane 0/1 Feel like this will be a gimme for most, but I couldn't remember the quote

3) Loren 2/1  Obvious guess, but i was in no way confident

4) incompleteness 1/3  Math gimme, i assume nigh impossible for outsiders

5) carrot 1/0  The only universal gimme today, i felt good even before the Dutch royal house clue

6) salamander 2/2   took me forever.  I could've sworn that newt and axolotl fell into a certain classification of amphibians that never fully developed, and it was on the tip of my tongue all day.  I finally gave up and decided to just choose a random amphibian, and remembered salamanders have a bunch of fun random names like hellbender and mudpuppy.   Had no idea an axolotl was a salamander and now I'm going to go down a wikihole.

No comments:

Post a Comment