I discovered yesterday when looking at the standings that Ben Carr was not participating in his namesake Longevity League. Then I happened to go to pub trivia with him last night for the first time this year, so I asked him about it. His response: "There's a Carr Longevity League??????"
I will post now instead of tomorrow an encouragement to play this weekend's Mid-season Classic. It'll give you something to do instead of spend time with your family. Diane, it's structured as a Learned League one-day quiz, 12 questions, and you 'money' the five questions you think the least people will get correct for extra points if you get them correct. There's no head-to-head, it's not part of the regular season, just a change of pace.
3/6 today vs Dave, and Mirkin takes it 4(4)-2(3)
1) Tennis 1/2 Wasn't sure if it was tennis, golf or bowling, now I know why I wasn't sure. Don't know why I thought it would be limited to one sport like it was Intellivision.
2) Richard Neer 3/3 Went with a New York rock station DJ
3) Dew point 0/1 gimme for me and my scientist opponent
4) xylophone 2/2 And I was so excited when I hit the connection between zills and the phonetic pronunciation of xylophone
5) Cincinnati 2/1 Went alphabetically through major cities in the east so it didn't take me long until i got to the one that clicked
6) blockbuster 1/0 gimme of the day
No comments:
Post a Comment