My opponent has tied or forfeited all her matches, so hopefully I can pull out a win, still, but it won't be because I deserved it . . .
2. ✅ Cool etymology. And a gimme. Assigned it zero points.
3. ❌ No clue. In the spirit of "Oak Tree" I guessed "Bridge." Assigned it 1 point, since my opponent has gotten art questions right before.
4. ✅ OMG ONE I FINALLY KNEW! Assigned 2 points.
5. ❌ OMG I *thought* I had this one, but in fact *overthought* it. I said Paul Tsongas. Right era, right ethnicity, right state, but he was never a governor.
6. ❌ I should have guessed ozone, one of the few environmental success stories and the one I tell my 4th grader about when he panics about climate change 💔 But for some reason I got into my head that inorganic = not carbon OR oxygen, so I said "sand", thinking it had something to do with beach erosion.
Better luck tomorrow, I hope!
D
No comments:
Post a Comment