Wednesday, March 18, 2026

Brian Day 18

 5/6  Thought I had the 6

1) Powell  3/3  What should've been a gimme took me all day.  And I didn't realize how close I came to having to punt the question.  Apologies for making a short story long:  I could not recognize a name, except the first names sounded like they were not young.  So I should know this. Is it a band and the name is the lead singer?  Doubtful, there's a Beatles question. A tv show I'm unfamiliar with?  Reality tv?  Power Rangers?  None of those work.  I got stuck on pop culture as the likely answer.  As an aside, my daughter's school let out early at 2pm and I was annoyed I had to pick her up and wouldn't be home in time to trade the FOMC announcement. Didn't realize how lucky that was at the time.  Just now (6pm) I finally said enough with pop culture, is this a group of authors?  Maybe something in finance?   And finally Lisa Cook's name popped out at me. If I had been home for the Fed announcement, I probably would have been watching CNBC or reading articles which mentioned every one of those names and had to forfeit the question.  So thank you Sophie for being too lazy to walk home. 

2) F1  0/1  Didn't realize it was Bruckheimer, but was the only racing movie this year I knew of

3) Revolver  1/2  Cute question

4) Cosine, sine 2/0  Gimme, even had I not just taught it to Sophie.  Should play tough, I'm guessing if non-mathies come close they won't know the correct order.... Now that I've read all your comments, I think he makes it clear with "respectively" that order does matter.  When I double-checked my answers, I had to switch my order since sine then cosine is so reflexive.  Good luck, he might be benevolent.

5) Argentina 2/2  Really?  Damn.  I realized I only knew Eichmann was Argentina, but there was not point in guessing another random South American country

6) red herring 1/1 never knew the origin, but this seems like a gimme

No comments:

Post a Comment