So cool that you know Graeme Wood, Jesse. I've been reading his work for a while. His article on ISIS was so helpful I assigned it to my students. And I laughed out loud at your story, Brian--- glad the universe conspired to prevent a forfeit!
I did not do very well today, none of my guesses panned out and I missed one I should absolutely have gotten.
1. ❌ Barcelona is on my bucket list, but I haven't been yet. I said Lisbon, because I knew they had completely redone so much of it after the earthquake (though I did think it hadn't taken 100 years to do it). Assigned 1 point.
2. ❌ Had no clue. I knew about the Serbian guslars, who of course are not West African, but I thought there might be enough of a connection to get me close. There was not. Assigned 2 points.
3. ❌ Moss. I'm mad about this one: I knew Campbell, Crawford, Evangelista, and Turlington, but I thought Kate Moss was the last one, and that was the one I named. I assigned it 2 points because my opponent has done very poorly on pop music questions.
4. ✅ Fever. Assigned 1 point.
5. ❌ I assumed these were political parties. 🤦😅 And assigned it 3 points.
6. ✅ Onassis. 0 points.
No comments:
Post a Comment