Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Seif Day 20 vs. Ben (LLL)

5/6 and was hoping for 6/6 when I submitted.  Very, very friendly set of questions for me today.

1. Sputnik :), D11.  I spent by far the longest on this question, mostly thinking about what happened in the USSR in the 50s that could have led to this name.  After spending way too long thinking about nuclear bombs, I thought of Sputnik and realized that was probably the answer.

2. LBO :), D31.  Business gimme.

3. Collier :(, D12.  I knew he was Canadian and no other guess.  I had no idea Keanu Reeves was Canadian.

4. Petronas :), D20.  First wrote down 1MDB, which has been in the news so much but didn't sit right.  Finally thought about the address portion of the question and realized a famous landmark was a better guess (plus it starts with "petro").

5. Watermelon :), D03.  Rare pop music question that's a gimme for me.  It's one of the songs I sometimes listen to while running.

6. Dominoes :), D22.  The timing is quite something here.  My wife introduced Mexican Train to us just a few weeks ago as a game all members of my family can play, so this was a gimme.  Would have had no idea otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment