Friday, December 11, 2020

Jesse Day 23

4/6.

1. Name the man who has served since 1998 as the general president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters labor union?
Correct Answer: JAMES P. HOFFA
Your Answer: Hoffa
Points Assigned: 0

I was pretty sure it was Jimmy Hoffa Jr, but wasn't sure if he was Jimmy Hoffa III.  

2. In an effort to increase the quality of landings and also reduce distance (which was becoming problematic), in 1986 the International Amateur Athletic Federation's Technical Committee implemented rules to change the design of what sports implement?
Correct Answer: JAVELIN
Your Answer: Cleats
Points Assigned: 2

I was thinking of either cleats, pole vault, or javelin. I guessed wrong. 

3. The successful 1984 debut novel by Sandra Cisneros tells the story of one year in the life of pre-teen Esperanza Cordero, beginning with her family's arrival at their house in Chicago on a street named after what fruit (as referenced in the book's title)?
Correct Answer: MANGO
Your Answer: Mango
Points Assigned: 2

I think I read this. Either way I was sure it was Mango. 

4. Spanish musician Andrés Segovia was world-renowned during his lifetime as a virtuoso on what instrument?
Correct Answer: GUITAR
Your Answer: Guitar
Points Assigned: 1

This was a guess, but Spain is famous for classic guitar. 

5. The Mandarin name for China, Zhongguo, translates to English as what "Kingdom" or "States"? The name derives from the Zhou dynasty's belief, around 1000 BCE, of where their empire was physically situated in relation to surrounding tribes.
Correct Answer: MIDDLE/CENTRAL
Your Answer: Central
Points Assigned: 1

I was pretty sure this was the answer. I went to the park in Beijing where they have the Temple of Heaven. In that park there is a circle you can stand in that if I remember correctly was considered to be the center of the universe. 

6. The fourth single from Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band's album Stranger in Town reached the 28th spot on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1979, and then re-entered the chart four years later due to its use in what movie?
Correct Answer: RISKY BUSINESS
Your Answer: Night Moves
Points Assigned: 3

Ugh, very gettable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment