Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Brian Day 15 vs Steiny

 Another 5/6 today.  Yesterday that earned me a tie in LL due to poor defense, hopefully I'll do better today

1) Parish 1/2 no idea

2) Corvette 3/2  No idea how hard this plays, I think I'll regret my high defense.  I only know this because of the most famous Corvette of them all, a Correllian Corvette from a galaxy far, far away.   At some point I learned the name wasn't just for cars and the Millenium Falcon. 

3) Edgar Allen Poe  1/1  Knowing that crows and ravens are corvids made this a gimme for me, but I don't think there were too many famous poems of that vintage featuring a talking animal, so it should have a high get rate regardless.

4) Bush 2/1  Everything zen, everything zen, I don't think so... Not that Bush the band was in the question, but it made me think of them.  Bushwhacker and bush babies did it for me. 

5) Internet 2/0  Assuming I don't need the definite article despite it being in the title.  Don't know how this plays if you don't have kids, but breaking the internet is also a common phrase

6) Peking 0/3  Was surprised to get this, the 'Zhou' got me to China, and Peking Man popped into my head, I must have come across it at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment