Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Brian day 22 vs TaylorZ

3/6 on a very annoying day.  On first read, I only knew one answer but was confident I had a shot at all six.  I did not have a shot at all six, but wasted way too much brainpower and time trying to figure them out

1) I Feel Good 0/2. Only one I knew for sure today, and I didn't even realize that wasn't the name of the song

2) in the garden of good and evil 3/1 this killed me.  I refused to miss a Long Island question, but I could never have gotten this no matter how much time I had.  Have heard the phrase but never knew why.  thought there was a hint somewhere in the question, adding to my refusal to give up.

3) Sydney opera house 1/2  at first thought Space Needle, but after missing lava I considered non-Native American and aborigines seemed to fit the language better.  But had no idea what to guess, as the opera house was 'definitely' built more recently than the 70s.  Ultimately I was pretty sure I was wrong when I submitted, and was shocked to get it right.

4) Casablanca 2/3 Another guess and again shocked to get it right.  I ruled out the rest of the Mediterranean coast as being Vichy or Italian controlled (no idea if that's correct), and guessed Casablanca because I thought it might have been about WWII ( I've never seen it)

5) Ed Sullivan 2/1 Knew this was wrong, but just could not remember Welk's name.  

6) Slaughterhouse Five  1/0 Have never read it, But I it's the only Vonnegut I remembered and So I thought I had it correct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment