Apologies to Seif for not recapping our LL matchup earlier this week - I am still spotty with these but I always try to participate when I'm playing a fellow LLLer in LL. To make up for it, I participated today.
1. :) - I knew there was a good chance Seif knew this relative gimme despite his Pop Music percentage but I still defended poorly. D0/2
2. :) - Name a Spanish island other than Mallorca. I know others but the answer to these is always the most well known remaining option. D1/0
3. :) - I'm no astronomy expert but I just happened to know this one. D1/1
4. :( - Like Seif, I usually spend a lot of time on these and end up realizing I had no shot. Thankfully, I realized it was futile quickly this time and defended accordingly. D3/3
5. :) - I wasn't positive here but she was my only guess and I wasn't shocked to see I was correct. D2/2
6. :( - And now we reach the 'Pelc is an idiot' portion of the recap. I didn't even flinch here and wrote Haliburton without putting any more thought into it. I can still hear the countless Enron jokes from talk show hosts from those times - now, in my head, they're also making fun of me. I can't even tell you what I was thinking (Name a controversial company from the early 00s?), I can only say that I'm deeply ashamed. D2/1
Anyway, despite my Enron humiliation, I think I managed a 7(4)-6(5) win over Seif thanks to defense. Good match!
No comments:
Post a Comment