Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Jesse day 20

2/6

1. What word, well-known in the west (since the 1950s, at least), means "fellow traveler" or "traveling companion" in Russian?
Correct Answer: SPUTNIK
Your Answer: Comrade
Points Assigned: 1

Shoot, I thought Sputnik meant lone traveler. Either way, it did not come to mind. 

2. What phrase is most commonly used in economics and finance for the purchase of the equity of a given firm using funds acquired in large part via borrowing? (Either the phrase or its standard three-letter abbreviation is acceptable.)
Correct Answer: LEVERAGED BUY-OUT (LBO)
Your Answer: Debt Risk Aquisition
Points Assigned: 1

I have heard of this, but did not think of it. 

3. Name the Canadian actor who voiced Canadian daredevil action figure Duke Caboom in the 2019 film Toy Story 4.
Correct Answer: KEANU REEVES
Your Answer: Mike Myers
Points Assigned: 2

This was the last movie I saw in the theatres. Did not remember anything about Duke Kaboom. 

4. What is the name of Malaysia's national oil and gas company, whose headquarters are located on Jalan Ampang within the Kuala Lumpur City Centre?
Correct Answer: PETRONAS
Your Answer: Petronas
Points Assigned: 0

Good question. Obvious to me right away as a geography buff. 

5. The title of a post-apocalyptic 1968 novel by Richard Brautigan inspired a hit single of the summer of 2020 by Harry Styles, both of which feature what kind of "Sugar"?
Correct Answer: WATERMELON SUGAR
Your Answer: Bad
Points Assigned: 2

Nope!

6. Muggins, Bergen, Block, and Mexican Train are all names of games that use what as game pieces?
Correct Answer: DOMINOES
Your Answer: Dominoes
Points Assigned: 3

I have never heard of any of these games. Was about to submit checkers when I tried to think of a train of checkers. Did not seem right and then I thought through different other objects like Meeples. Dominoes made sense as a train so I guessed right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment