Thursday, December 3, 2020

Seif Day 17 vs. Pelc (LLL)

5/6, and in questions that should earn me a lot of points.  Pelc thrashed me in LL two days ago, so perhaps I can exact a bit of revenge here.  (I was going to get relegated from B anyway...)

1. That bass :), D20.  The rare pop music question that I know.  If it's easy even for me, I don't think this will give people a lot of trouble.  Hand over your D3's, please!

2. Ibiza :), D12.  Geography gimme.

3. Hubble :), D03.  An event about the Webb telescope very nearly made it into the forecasting contest I run for 2021.

4. Gita :(, D21.  I spent some time thinking about this, but now that I see the answer, I realize I had no shot.  I probably should have put higher D, as well.

5. Guggenheim :), D32.  I wasn't aware of the history of this, but Guggenheim is the clear default answer for any 20th century art patron in NYC.

6. Enron :), D11.  Gimme, and probably the easiest question of the day.  But also, I think, a rare error from Thorsten.  I am almost certain that Arthur Andersen never actually declared bankruptcy, as part of the question states.  Anyone think I'm wrong about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment