2/6
Correct Answer: I GOT YOU (I FEEL GOOD)
Your Answer: Get On Up
Points Assigned: 1
I don't know why I could not think of I Feel Good. I knew my answer was wrong, but didn't want to spend any more time thinking about this.
2. A 1954 drama film gave its name to a specialty food store in East Hampton, New York, that was purchased in 1978 by White House Office of Management and Budget staffer Ina Garten. What is the name of that film?
Correct Answer: THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA
Your Answer: The Mango Churro, Cans, and Dates
Points Assigned: 3
2. A 1954 drama film gave its name to a specialty food store in East Hampton, New York, that was purchased in 1978 by White House Office of Management and Budget staffer Ina Garten. What is the name of that film?
Correct Answer: THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA
Your Answer: The Mango Churro, Cans, and Dates
Points Assigned: 3
I had no idea. I do like my store name better though.
3. What is the name of the architectural marvel, which opened in October 1973, that sits on a promontory known to its original caretakers, the Gadigal clan of the Eora Nation, as Tubowgule, or "where the knowledge waters meet"?
Correct Answer: SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
Your Answer: Sydney Opera House
Points Assigned: 0
3. What is the name of the architectural marvel, which opened in October 1973, that sits on a promontory known to its original caretakers, the Gadigal clan of the Eora Nation, as Tubowgule, or "where the knowledge waters meet"?
Correct Answer: SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
Your Answer: Sydney Opera House
Points Assigned: 0
I used to live in Sydney. This was obvious to me right away.
4. Of the various major conferences attended by heads of Allied states during World War II, two African cities served as hosts: Cairo (twice), and what other city, in January 1943?
Correct Answer: CASABLANCA
Your Answer: Tripoli
Points Assigned: 1
4. Of the various major conferences attended by heads of Allied states during World War II, two African cities served as hosts: Cairo (twice), and what other city, in January 1943?
Correct Answer: CASABLANCA
Your Answer: Tripoli
Points Assigned: 1
I am guessing a lot of people will guess Casablanca due to the film.
5. Myron Floren (accordion), Aladdin (violin), Larry Hooper (piano), the "lovely Lennon Sisters", and "Champagne Ladies" Alice Lon and Norma Zimmer were regulars on a long-running television series hosted by whom?
Correct Answer: LAWRENCE WELK
Your Answer: Milton Bearl
Points Assigned: 2
5. Myron Floren (accordion), Aladdin (violin), Larry Hooper (piano), the "lovely Lennon Sisters", and "Champagne Ladies" Alice Lon and Norma Zimmer were regulars on a long-running television series hosted by whom?
Correct Answer: LAWRENCE WELK
Your Answer: Milton Bearl
Points Assigned: 2
Nope. Never saw his show.
6. In a 1963 novel by Kurt Vonnegut, a co-creator of the atomic bomb—who was playing a "string game" when the first bomb was dropped—also created a product called "ice-nine" that eventually freezes all of the earth's water. What is the name of this novel?
Correct Answer: CAT'S CRADLE
Your Answer: Cat's Cradle
Points Assigned: 2
6. In a 1963 novel by Kurt Vonnegut, a co-creator of the atomic bomb—who was playing a "string game" when the first bomb was dropped—also created a product called "ice-nine" that eventually freezes all of the earth's water. What is the name of this novel?
Correct Answer: CAT'S CRADLE
Your Answer: Cat's Cradle
Points Assigned: 2
I read this two years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment