Thursday, December 3, 2020

Jesse Day 17

5/6- 3rd 5/6 in a row! I am making a serious run in B. Didn't think I would ever say that. 

1. What was American singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor's 2014 debut single all about?
Correct Answer: THAT BASS
Your Answer: That Bass
Points Assigned: 1

The only Meghan Trainor single I know. 

2. Of the Spanish islands known as the Balearic Islands, the largest in area is Mallorca, and the second-largest is Menorca. What island is third?
Correct Answer: IBIZA
Your Answer: Ibiza
Points Assigned: 2

I've never been, but my immediate thought was, "it could be that Spanish party island" and I knew the name was Ibiza.

3. A scientific instrument named after James Webb, scheduled for implementation in October 2021, is intended to replace a similar instrument named after what other American?
Correct Answer: EDWIN HUBBLE
Your Answer: Hubble
Points Assigned: 1

Pretty easy astronomy question. 

4. Written beginning around 900 BCE, the texts that make up the final portion of the Vedas (and thus are also known also as the Vedanta—"End of the Vedas") and form the basis of Hindu religion and philosophy are best known by what name?
Correct Answer: UPANISHADS
Your Answer: Bagva Gita
Points Assigned: 3

I have never heard of the answer. I have no idea what my answer is too, but it sounds like what I think is a Hindu book. 

5. The Art of This Century gallery, which existed in New York from 1942 to 1947, was a primary showcase for Abstract Expressionism during its early period. Name the famous art patron and collector who operated this gallery, and played an important role in avant-garde art in America (where she was born) and Europe (where she spent much of her life)?
Correct Answer: PEGGY GUGGENHEIM
Your Answer: Gugenheim
Points Assigned: 2

I thought of Gugenheim right away. I know the museum is Sol Guggnheim, but I was pretty sure Peggy drove forward the other projects. 

6. The July 2002 bankruptcy of the accounting firm Arthur Andersen was a culmination of events set in motion by the unraveling of a financial scheme a few months prior within what other company, whose December 2001 Chapter 11 filing was the largest corporate bankruptcy in history at the time?
Correct Answer: ENRON
Your Answer: Enron
Points Assigned: 0

I remembered this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment