Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Seif Day 16

5/6.  Very surprised, since I had what seemed to me to be two long-shot guesses.

1. Panama Canal :), D20.  This was a gimme for me.  Teddy Roosevelt leaving the US (the first time for a sitting president) to inspect the Panama Canal is a pretty famous event in American history.

2. Heathcliff :(, D12.  No clue at all.

3. Minsk :), D21.  Didn't know that this was the HQ of the CIS, but "450 miles west-southwest of Moscow" could only be Minsk.  I assume we'll get a lot of Kievs as answers.

4. Mickey Mouse :), D03.  Wow, didn't expect to get this.  I saw "Steamboat" in the 1920s and knew that Mickey Mouse's first appearance was in something called Steamboat Willie.  But I didn't expect this to be right.  Wouldn't have given a D3 for LLL had I known.

5. Golf Hole :), D31.  Second one I didn't expect to get.  I thought of mine (it being WV) and quarry, but 1884 seemed too recent for either.  Thorsten has fooled me on at least one or two random golf questions over the years, so that came to mind as a possibility.

6. Quantum :), D12.  Gimme.


No comments:

Post a Comment