Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Brian Day 16 vs Mirkin

My third 5/6 in a row, so far I have a tie and a loss.  Before I go into today's questions, I have an embarrassing mistake to admit.  As I'm sure you all realized, the Millennium Falcon is not a Corellian Corvette.  It is the Tantive IV, the rebel ship boarded by Darth Vader at the beginning of Star Wars, which is the Corvette I was thinking of.  I only realized my mistake upon reading the LL message boards this morning.  It got me to the correct answer, but still, how humiliating.  

1) Panama Canal 0/1  Didn't see what else this could be.  And nice to know I would have guessed correctly with Teddy if the answer asked only for the president.

2) Bill 1/3   I have an Opus doll and a Bill the Cat doll in my man cave.  My dog growing up was named Opus.  I own a Billy and the Boingers t-shirt.  I still have Bloom County comic strips that I cut out of the newspaper when they first ran, not knowing they'd be collected into books which I now own.   I have no idea how to defend this in LL, but in this group, there's a chance I'm the only one to get this correct. I hope not, for Bill's sake.  Thhhpptttthh!!!! 

3) Minsk 2/0  Was between Minsk and Kiev, ultimately thought Kiev was more directly SW and not W-SW

4) Mickey Mouse 1/2  Pretty sure Steamboat Willie featured Mickey

5) Mine shaft 2/2 Wow, my mind was in a completely different place. Great, misleading question.  I'm assuming if I knew anything about golf, White Sulphur Springs would have given me the answer, as opposed to West Virginia leading me to mining. 

6) Quantum 3/1  Physics gimme for me.  I'm expecting a lot of incorrect 'atomic' answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment