Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Dave M day 15

Too busy to post yesterday, I got the 3/6 everyone else did and lost to someone who managed 4.

3/6 today which feels poor given I had hopes I’d get 5-6/6. Let’s see how it plays.

 

1 : ( Electorates. Should have been more careful with this one. Went with the NZ answer forgetting that they’re not the same name (names normally copy across from UK to NZ directly). D13

2 : ( Corsair. I think there’s a Corsair car (Lincoln?) and sounds like a ship. Corvette is obvious in hindsight. D22

3 : ) Poe. Crow + Poem could only be Poe. D01

4 : ) Bush. Bush whacking for clearing woods, and bush a widely used term in Oz. D22

5 : ) Internet. I haven’t seen the movie but recall seeing lots of posters for it around the place. D10

6 : ( Xi’an. Looked Chinese, and assumed Beijing would be too obvious so guessed Xi’an to go with the Terracotta Warriors, for some reason. D31

No comments:

Post a Comment