Day 10 and the always nerve-racking matchup with Carr. Let’s see who wins with reference to his already posted answers.
1 :) European landmark definitely my wheelhouse. Thought Ben would know this and he did before talking himself out of it. Difficult to defend though as I gave Ben a chance of knowing all of these. Pleased with my choice of D2.
Mirkin 1, Carr 0
2 :) Panama Papers. D1 only because I was 100% confident Ben would get Spud.
Mirkin 1, Carr 1
3 :( Was confident about West Nile as I discounted Lyme unlike everyone else including Ben. D2
Mirkin 1, Carr 1
4 :( Fatal misread of the question. Didn’t see singular ‘word’. Would have got it otherwise. Wrote ‘Ahead to the Star’ which I’m sure is far enough off to lose me the question. Defense choice of D3 puts me way behind.
Mirkin 1, Carr 4
5 :) A gimme and a D0.
Mirkin 2, Carr 4
6 :( I ended up going with what in hindsight is probably the referenced latin verb of Torture. D1 leads to a Carr blowout this season:
Mirkin 2 (3) – Carr 5 (4). Ben correctly guessed his exact score but overestimated my Spanish inquisition and reading comprehension. Perfect defense by Ben too.
Till next season! Assuming I don’t get relegated, which is where I’m currently firmly positioned.
Intimidated into some unforced errors, I see. I'll take it! Until next time, Mirkin.
ReplyDelete