Friday, September 2, 2016

Ben Day 7

Welcome Eleanor!

3/6 for me today, with less regret than usual. I'm down 2-3-2 against today's opponent, so hopefully I get to even up the ledger today.

Steiny - I see that using this email posting technique we all post as steiny171. Is there a way to enable us to post as ourselves? Not sure why I'd want that - maybe for commenting. Just feels neater.

1 :) Chicago. I figured I had 2 teams to increase my chances, and I know from playing Hardball on PC in the mid 90s that one of the Chicago ballparks has ivy on the wall so that seems pretty old.

2 :( I thought I had this one. I knew there was a JS Bach and a JC Bach, so I wrote Bach.

3 :) suffragette. This came to me almost immediately, even though I hadn't heard of any of these ladies.

4 :( I've had kheer but couldn't pull the name. I wrote "Hasty Hindi Pudding"

5 :) I wrote Salazar. I was also fairly sure on Godric. Rowena I probably would have gotten (I had Ravena in my head but knew that was a little off) and would not have gotten to Helga. My opponent got the Harry Potter question right 6 seasons ago so I D1ed, though in hindsight I should have gone D0.

6 :( I wrote ass, knowing it was wrong, but liking ass. I thought I'd kick myself when I saw the answer, but I was never going to get Hinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment