5/6
Correct Answer: SHAQUILLE O'NEAL
Your Answer: Shaquile O'Neil
Points Assigned: 0
A gimmie, right?
2. Operation Ranch Hand was a tactical military project conducted by U.S. forces during the Vietnam War which consisted of nearly 20,000 sorties during its ten-year campaign. It involved the use of what novel weapon, which was later renounced in an executive order signed by President Ford in 1975?
Correct Answer: HERBICIDE/AGENT ORANGE
Your Answer: Agent Orange
Points Assigned: 1
2. Operation Ranch Hand was a tactical military project conducted by U.S. forces during the Vietnam War which consisted of nearly 20,000 sorties during its ten-year campaign. It involved the use of what novel weapon, which was later renounced in an executive order signed by President Ford in 1975?
Correct Answer: HERBICIDE/AGENT ORANGE
Your Answer: Agent Orange
Points Assigned: 1
My first thought was Napalm, but Operation Ranch Hand implied clearing brush and Agent Orange seemed to be the right weapon for that.
3. It's Always Something is the title of a 1989 autobiography by what comedian, as well as the subtitle of a 2002 TV movie about her life? The expression comes from a popular television character she portrayed, who would end her editorial commentary by saying "It just goes to show you, it's always something."
Correct Answer: GILDA RADNER
Your Answer: Gilda Radner
Points Assigned: 2
3. It's Always Something is the title of a 1989 autobiography by what comedian, as well as the subtitle of a 2002 TV movie about her life? The expression comes from a popular television character she portrayed, who would end her editorial commentary by saying "It just goes to show you, it's always something."
Correct Answer: GILDA RADNER
Your Answer: Gilda Radner
Points Assigned: 2
This was a guess. The editorial comments meant it was someone form SNL. My first thought was Jane Curtain, but why would anyone make a TV movie about her. That narrowed it down to Gilda Radner who I recalled dying of cancer young.
4. In the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, what woman became the first American to win an Olympic medal in women's judo, foreshadowing a dominant run in professional mixed martial arts (MMA)?
Correct Answer: RONDA ROUSEY
Your Answer: Holly
Points Assigned: 2
4. In the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, what woman became the first American to win an Olympic medal in women's judo, foreshadowing a dominant run in professional mixed martial arts (MMA)?
Correct Answer: RONDA ROUSEY
Your Answer: Holly
Points Assigned: 2
I just could not think of Rhonda Rousey's name even though I could picture her min my head.
5. Pictured here is a family ride which is among the attractions at what U.S. theme park? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/4985y0vn983y5983y60.gif
Correct Answer: HERSHEYPARK
Your Answer: Hershey Park
Points Assigned: 1
I've been there a few times. This might be hard from people not for this part of the country.
6. In May 1983, while the Billboard 200 album chart was being dominated by Thriller, this band had two different albums in the top ten. Name this band, which was mostly unknown in the northern hemisphere a year earlier, and would produce its last studio album in 1985.
Correct Answer: MEN AT WORK
Your Answer: Men at Work
Points Assigned: 3
5. Pictured here is a family ride which is among the attractions at what U.S. theme park? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/
Correct Answer: HERSHEYPARK
Your Answer: Hershey Park
Points Assigned: 1
I've been there a few times. This might be hard from people not for this part of the country.
6. In May 1983, while the Billboard 200 album chart was being dominated by Thriller, this band had two different albums in the top ten. Name this band, which was mostly unknown in the northern hemisphere a year earlier, and would produce its last studio album in 1985.
Correct Answer: MEN AT WORK
Your Answer: Men at Work
Points Assigned: 3
This was a guess. I first though of Menudo, but didn't think they reached top ten. Then I thought of Men at Work as one of the few Australian bands I know of. Then I thought of Midnight Oil. I decided on Men at Work because I thought they were more likely to be one hit wonders.
No comments:
Post a Comment