Monday, September 19, 2016

Ben Day 17 vs Jesse

Face off with Jesse. He leads me .473 to .413 in career get rate, and I have a slight edge in defense .709 to .687.  In our previous 2 meetings, Jesse has only managed a total of 1 correct, though that 1 got him the victory when we first met in LL61.  Jesse has been in higher rundles than I have since our last match-up in LL63.

1 :( I guessed Jasper Johns. I actually D1ed this given that I've been to Jesse's mum's art exhibitions and thought some of the other questions would be harder for him. 0(0)-0(0).

2 :( I gussed Carly as in iCarly. D2. Never heard of this one 0(0)-0(0)

3 :) Mole. I have a family video of me when I was ~8 performing a song and dance about mole. This is what happens when you father is a specialist on Latin America. I assumed Jesse had encountered this on his travels. D1 Jesse leads 1(1)-0(1).

4 :) Surfing. I thought this was pretty easy. Not that many sports have a culture. ALl tied up now 1(2)-1(2).

5 :( I guessed Birmingham. Memphis would have been a good guess. VERY happy to see that the geography question was US rather than world. D2. 1(2)-1(2).


6 :) syzygy for the win. without the 3 Ys clue I doubt I would have gotten there, but given I know this word as linked to eclipses, was pretty confident. I've already planned my family's trip to St Louis for the full eclipse next August! D3. 3(3)-1(2) to Carr.


No comments:

Post a Comment