Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Ben Day 13 & 14

Today:

1 :( I guessed Shanghai. For some reason I was convinced it ended in China. On reflection that doesn't make a great deal of sense.

2 :) Sia.  Thanks daughter.

3 :( Equilibirum. I remember the word 'adiabatic' from thermodynamics classes in uni, but haven't used it since then. This is hard.

4 :( I wrote social services. "human services" crossed my mind but didn't make sense.

5 :( Argh. couldn't pull Slough from the recesses of my memory despite being a big fan of the UK office 10 years ago. Racked my brain for this one. Ended up putting down "Free Love Freeway" despondently.

6 :( Licorice. Who knew there was a marshmallow plant?

And yesterday, losing 2(3)-5(3), in order of leaguewide question difficulty, you will see that my opponent missed the 3 easiest questions and got the 3 hardest, thus cutting down my DE from .800 to .760.
1 :) Madonna.  Based on 88% get rate, easiest question of day. D0. My opponent missed.
4 :) Galileo. 83% get rate. My opponent missed.
3 :( The Tramp. I had a hunch Modern Times was Chaplin, and tried to guess "The Tramp" but wrote "Little Scamp". My opponent missed.
2 :) France. My opponent got.
6 :( I wrote "Ha'penny rag". Opponent got
5 :( Never heard of Maastricht. Opponent got.

No comments:

Post a Comment