4/6. Yesterday my 5/6 was a tie.
Correct Answer: KING KONG
Your Answer: King Kong
Points Assigned: 2
Merian and Ernest are old people names and I knew that Peter Jackson directed the Jack Black version of King Kong.
2. What Spanish knight and theologian founded the Society of Jesus ("Jesuits") in September 1540?
Correct Answer: IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA
Your Answer: Francisco
Points Assigned: 3
2. What Spanish knight and theologian founded the Society of Jesus ("Jesuits") in September 1540?
Correct Answer: IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA
Your Answer: Francisco
Points Assigned: 3
I had no idea.
3. Carr's, Premium Plus, Crown Pilot, and Wasa are (or were) brands for different types of what product?
Correct Answer: CRACKERS
Your Answer: Crackers
Points Assigned: 0
3. Carr's, Premium Plus, Crown Pilot, and Wasa are (or were) brands for different types of what product?
Correct Answer: CRACKERS
Your Answer: Crackers
Points Assigned: 0
Wasa is what got it for me. Not sure I would have gotten it otherwise, although I have bought Carr's too.
4. The sphere-shaped mass of billions and billions of cometary objects that comprises the outer edge of the solar system is a (theoretical) "cloud" named after what Dutch astronomer?
Correct Answer: JAN OORT
Your Answer: Ort
Points Assigned: 1
4. The sphere-shaped mass of billions and billions of cometary objects that comprises the outer edge of the solar system is a (theoretical) "cloud" named after what Dutch astronomer?
Correct Answer: JAN OORT
Your Answer: Ort
Points Assigned: 1
I spelled it wrong, but knew the answer right away. I couldn't figure out how to score this one.
5. The vast majority of Shona people and native speakers of the Shona language reside in what southern African country?
Correct Answer: ZIMBABWE
Your Answer: Namibia
Points Assigned: 2
5. The vast majority of Shona people and native speakers of the Shona language reside in what southern African country?
Correct Answer: ZIMBABWE
Your Answer: Namibia
Points Assigned: 2
Damn, and I spent a week and a half in Zimbabwe in 2010.
6. What artistic movement, the term for which was used in 1958 by English critic Lawrence Alloway in reference to commercial graphics and advertising, took off in the early 1960s with the works of Peter Blake, Marjorie Strider, David Hockney, Jasper Johns, Rosalyn Drexler, and Roy Lichtenstein?
Correct Answer: POP ART
Your Answer: Pop Art
Points Assigned: 1
6. What artistic movement, the term for which was used in 1958 by English critic Lawrence Alloway in reference to commercial graphics and advertising, took off in the early 1960s with the works of Peter Blake, Marjorie Strider, David Hockney, Jasper Johns, Rosalyn Drexler, and Roy Lichtenstein?
Correct Answer: POP ART
Your Answer: Pop Art
Points Assigned: 1
Seems like an art gimmie.
No comments:
Post a Comment