Monday, September 12, 2016

Jesse day 12

3/6

1. What is the name of this pioneering early handheld game, advertised as "the electronic wizard"? (Note: photo has been slightly edited.) LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/4879n9v583034.jpg
Correct Answer: MERLIN
Your Answer: Caleco
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea. Probably a few years too young to get that one. 

2. In June 2016, Forbes magazine adjusted its estimate of the net worth of American businessperson Elizabeth Holmes from $4.5 billion to $0, due to the severe legal and regulatory issues around what medical health technology company she founded in 2003, at age 19?
Correct Answer: THERANOS
Your Answer: Theranos
Points Assigned: 0

Its in the news.

3. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, long ignored, has become newsworthy for its 261 words which lay out the parameters for what?
Correct Answer: EU EXIT
Your Answer: Brexit
Points Assigned: 2

Shoot, I knew the answer right away but didn't read the question properly. I don't think I will get credit for my answer, 

4. What is the current name, from an Arabic backronym that spells out "victory," for the former Palestine National Liberation Movement, created in 1959 and first led by Yasser Arafat?
Correct Answer: FATAH
Your Answer: Fatah
Points Assigned: 2

This should be gettable for anyone that has followed the politics of the middle east.

5. Music for 18 Musicians, a watershed in the history of minimalist music, is the work of what American composer, whose other pieces include Different Trains, City Life, and the polyrhythmic Drumming?
Correct Answer: STEVE REICH
Your Answer: Glass
Points Assigned: 1

Never heard of him.

6. What term is used for any cylindrical or conical mineral deposit built up from the floor of a cavern or other cave?
Correct Answer: STALAGMITE
Your Answer: Stalagmite
Points Assigned: 1

I do a bit of spelunking now and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment