Thursday, September 8, 2016

Ben day 10

Face off against Mirkin today. Should be a close one. 4/6 but I have Mirkin down for at least that by my reckoning. I predict a 5(4)-7(5) defeat.

1 :( European landmark. Mirkin wheelhouse. D1. I wrote Geneva rather than Venice. Venice was my first thought, but then I talked myself out of it as I had a memory in my head that I had heard this before as a trick question and thought it was in Switzerland. I hope Mirkin gives this a d1.

2 :) Panama papers. D0.

3 :( I thought his would've Lyme disease. Had I my time again, d3, but only gave it a d2, counting on Mirkin being too highly cultured to know the disneyfication of jm Barrie. 

4 :) star. This is my only chance to beat Mirkin. Assuming he gets this, I have no chance barring a really uncharacteristic miss on his part. D3. Will be be my hook or will I make him my Wendy. 

5 :) spud. D1. Weirdly obvious answer. Surely everyone on LL can think to look at an acronym.

6 :) Torquemada. This would often be a d0 but given the earlier questions I gave it a d2. Off chance there was another famed Spanish torturer that I hadn't thought of, my spidey sense was triggered by not knowing the Latin connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment