4/6
Correct Answer: HANGING GARDENS OF BABYLON
Your Answer: Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Points Assigned: 0
I first read this as West for some reason and was going to go with the Statue of Zeus. I read the question again and the answer was easy.
2. In the first Andrew Lloyd Webberâ€"Tim Rice musical to be produced publicly, the show's eponymous dreamer is, early in the first act, given what as a gift from his father (a gift that provides the remainder of the title)?
Correct Answer: A COAT (AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT)
Your Answer: Technicolor dreamcoat
Points Assigned: 1
I saw ads for it growing up in the NYC suburbs.
3. In the NATO phonetic alphabet (A=Alpha, B=Bravo, C=Charlie, etc.), one letter is represented by a word that is the name of a national capital city. What is that city?
Correct Answer: LIMA
Your Answer: Lima
Points Assigned: 1
2. In the first Andrew Lloyd Webberâ€"Tim Rice musical to be produced publicly, the show's eponymous dreamer is, early in the first act, given what as a gift from his father (a gift that provides the remainder of the title)?
Correct Answer: A COAT (AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT)
Your Answer: Technicolor dreamcoat
Points Assigned: 1
I saw ads for it growing up in the NYC suburbs.
3. In the NATO phonetic alphabet (A=Alpha, B=Bravo, C=Charlie, etc.), one letter is represented by a word that is the name of a national capital city. What is that city?
Correct Answer: LIMA
Your Answer: Lima
Points Assigned: 1
I went through European capitals in my head and thought London seemed the most likely but then thought harder on L and realized that it was Lima.
4. The title of a 1977 classic rock staple by Eddie Money, when its titular subject matter is halved, could become the title of a Julia Robertsâ€"George Clooney rom-com. What is that movie's title?
Correct Answer: TICKET TO PARADISE
Your Answer: Ticket to paradise
Points Assigned: 2
4. The title of a 1977 classic rock staple by Eddie Money, when its titular subject matter is halved, could become the title of a Julia Robertsâ€"George Clooney rom-com. What is that movie's title?
Correct Answer: TICKET TO PARADISE
Your Answer: Ticket to paradise
Points Assigned: 2
One of the only Eddie Money songs I could remember other than Shaking. I had no idea about the movie.
5. A geological process known as orogeny refers, per the term's Greek root, to the formation of what?
Correct Answer: MOUNTAINS
Your Answer: Volcanos
Points Assigned: 2
5. A geological process known as orogeny refers, per the term's Greek root, to the formation of what?
Correct Answer: MOUNTAINS
Your Answer: Volcanos
Points Assigned: 2
Incorrect guess.
6. The year 2022 marks the 50th anniversary of the sports history made by the "Mighty Macs" of what small college (at that time a women's-only school) in suburban Philadelphia? The team won the first women's college basketball national championship (before defending their title in 1973 and 1974).
Correct Answer: IMMACULATA
Your Answer: Bryn Mawr
Points Assigned: 3
I live in the suburbs of Philly and could not think of a women's school other than Bryn Mawr. I was pretty sure Bryn Mawr is still a women's school, but could not think of any others. I know of Immaculata, but didn't think of it and had no idea it was a woman's school before. This is going to play really, really hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment