Tuesday, November 8, 2022

David S Day 2

Absolutely shocked to get 5/6. I thought I had 2, but then 3 of my 4 guesses on the other questions were right. And the one I got wrong was the one guess I actually thought might have been correct. 

  1. Charging :), D11. I didn’t know this. I figured since the ref is pointing back it’s an offensive penalty, and this seems like the most common one. But I didn’t think this was right. 
  2. Bad :), D23. I knew Lady Gaga had the song Bad Romance and Billy Eilish Bad Guy. Had no idea on the others, and again didn’t think this would be right. 
  3. Riemann :(, D32. Actually did think this one might be right. But I had no chance. Somewhat of a surprising gap in my knowledge. I’d heard of the conjecture but didn’t know who it was associated with. 
  4. Up :), D02. Really just a straight up guess (no pun intended) that I really thought had no chance. The LL gods were with me today. 
  5. Addis Ababa :), D21. One of my least favorite questions in a while. “Broadly considered the diplomatic and political capital of Africa”? Who says that? But Ethiopia was the only independent country in the region in 1887, so it had to be this. 
  6. Spac :), D10. Business gimme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment