Friday, November 11, 2022

Brian Day 5

4/6 when I thought I had two at best, I'll take that. 

1) Buenos Aires 2/3  I guessed La Plata was related to the river, and I further guessed that the Plata ran by Buenos Aires and Montevideo.  From there I figured Buenos Aires was a more major city.  Pleasantly surprised to get it.  

2) Superintendent 2/1  None of the names rang a bell, until i thought of Schneider the super from One Day at a Time.  And with superintendent having multiple meanings, that fit the different capacity clue if the others were school superintendents.  

3) The Seagull 3/2  I had no idea, so I answered The Seagull by Henrik Ibsen just for the heck of it.  Lucky for me,  it wasn't written by Ibsen.   

4) Boysenberry 1/2  Never knew bramble was the name of the bush, thought it was a generic term

5) Tear down the wall!  1/1   I figured this was JFK, but I couldn't remember the quote. 

6) Jacuzzi 0/0   Fantastic question.   Took me awhile, but once I thought of a hot tub I got there and knew it was correct. Given my defense, I'm not happy that none of you got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment