Starting the season off in style with a 2/6!
Correct Answer: TELEPHONE
Your Answer: Bras
Points Assigned: 2
Now that I see the answer I recognize trimline. They all sounded like bra designs to me.
2. Who was sworn in at the Quirinale Palace on October 22, 2022, as Italy's premier, becoming the first woman to serve in the office and country's first far-right premier since the end of World War II?
Correct Answer: GIORGIA MELONI
Your Answer: Botzi
Points Assigned: 2
2. Who was sworn in at the Quirinale Palace on October 22, 2022, as Italy's premier, becoming the first woman to serve in the office and country's first far-right premier since the end of World War II?
Correct Answer: GIORGIA MELONI
Your Answer: Botzi
Points Assigned: 2
I could not pull it. I really need to start paying attention to newly elected leaders of countries as Thorsten seems to have penchant for asking these questions.
3. While there are dozens of actual real-life bars across the United States named Paddy's Pub, the best-known Paddy's Pub on television is located in what city (where one local reviewer calls it the city's worst bar)?
Correct Answer: PHILADELPHIA
Your Answer: Philadelphia
Points Assigned: 0
3. While there are dozens of actual real-life bars across the United States named Paddy's Pub, the best-known Paddy's Pub on television is located in what city (where one local reviewer calls it the city's worst bar)?
Correct Answer: PHILADELPHIA
Your Answer: Philadelphia
Points Assigned: 0
I watch the show and live in burbs of Philly.
4. What is the common name of the system that, in 1958, replaced the Wade-Giles system for transliterating Chinese into the Roman alphabet (resulting in "Beijing" replacing the Wade-Giles "Peking")?
Correct Answer: PINYIN
Your Answer: Peking-Beijing system
Points Assigned: 3
4. What is the common name of the system that, in 1958, replaced the Wade-Giles system for transliterating Chinese into the Roman alphabet (resulting in "Beijing" replacing the Wade-Giles "Peking")?
Correct Answer: PINYIN
Your Answer: Peking-Beijing system
Points Assigned: 3
I thought it sounded something like Pidgeon or Peking, but I knew those were not right.
5. Dionaea, which means "daughter of Dione" (i.e., Aphrodite), is the genus name of the Dionaea muscipula, an insectivore native to the bogs of the Carolina savannas that is more commonly known as what?
Correct Answer: VENUS FLYTRAP
Your Answer: Venus Fly Trap
Points Assigned: 1
I first thought about animals that live in a bog and eat bugs, but the Aphrodite/love clue was not making any sense. Then I considered plants and Venus Fly Trap immediately made sense.
6. During his three trips up the Beanstalk in the famous fairy tale, Jack stole from the giant a sack of gold coins, a hen that lays golden eggs, and what musical instrument, which happened to be magical?
Correct Answer: HARP
Your Answer: Crystal Flute
Points Assigned: 1
5. Dionaea, which means "daughter of Dione" (i.e., Aphrodite), is the genus name of the Dionaea muscipula, an insectivore native to the bogs of the Carolina savannas that is more commonly known as what?
Correct Answer: VENUS FLYTRAP
Your Answer: Venus Fly Trap
Points Assigned: 1
I first thought about animals that live in a bog and eat bugs, but the Aphrodite/love clue was not making any sense. Then I considered plants and Venus Fly Trap immediately made sense.
6. During his three trips up the Beanstalk in the famous fairy tale, Jack stole from the giant a sack of gold coins, a hen that lays golden eggs, and what musical instrument, which happened to be magical?
Correct Answer: HARP
Your Answer: Crystal Flute
Points Assigned: 1
I thought might have something to do with Lizzo's crystal flute-gate. Harp would have been my answer if it weren't for Lizzo.
No comments:
Post a Comment