3/6
Correct Answer: TAUTOLOGY
Your Answer: Tautology
Points Assigned: 2
I just knew this one. I think I learned the word from needing to look it up when reading Henry Kissenger's book Diplomacy
2. The alloy of iron known as stainless steel, so-called for its resistance to corrosion, discoloration, and rusting, is produced through the addition of what other element, which must be introduced at a concentration of at least 11%?
Correct Answer: CHROMIUM
Your Answer: Nickel
Points Assigned: 1
I feel like I have missed the question before.
3. The phrase "ma mère l'Oye" in the titles of the 1911 Maurice Ravel piano suite Ma mère l'Oye and the 1697 Charles Perrault collection Contes de ma mère l'Oye is most typically translated into English as what two-word phrase?
Correct Answer: MOTHER GOOSE
Your Answer: Cash money
Points Assigned: 3
3. The phrase "ma mère l'Oye" in the titles of the 1911 Maurice Ravel piano suite Ma mère l'Oye and the 1697 Charles Perrault collection Contes de ma mère l'Oye is most typically translated into English as what two-word phrase?
Correct Answer: MOTHER GOOSE
Your Answer: Cash money
Points Assigned: 3
I had no idea.
4. "At Last", "I'd Rather Go Blind", "A Sunday Kind of Love", and "Something's Got a Hold on Me" (the latter of which was heavily sampled on Avicii's "Levels" and Flo Rida's "Good Feeling") are popular songs from what soul and R&B legend, whose real last name was Hawkins and whose stage name (first and last) was her given first name reversed?
Correct Answer: ETTA JAMES
Your Answer: Ross
Points Assigned: 2
4. "At Last", "I'd Rather Go Blind", "A Sunday Kind of Love", and "Something's Got a Hold on Me" (the latter of which was heavily sampled on Avicii's "Levels" and Flo Rida's "Good Feeling") are popular songs from what soul and R&B legend, whose real last name was Hawkins and whose stage name (first and last) was her given first name reversed?
Correct Answer: ETTA JAMES
Your Answer: Ross
Points Assigned: 2
I could hear most of those songs in my head, but I had no idea who sang them. I felt all of the answers I came up with were wrong and at least I was right about that.
5. Network radio began in the United States in earnest in September 1926 with the formation of what company, led by chairman David Sarnoff, and jointly owned by RCA (50%), GE (30%), and Westinghouse (20%)?
Correct Answer: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY (NBC)
Your Answer: NBC
Points Assigned: 1
5. Network radio began in the United States in earnest in September 1926 with the formation of what company, led by chairman David Sarnoff, and jointly owned by RCA (50%), GE (30%), and Westinghouse (20%)?
Correct Answer: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY (NBC)
Your Answer: NBC
Points Assigned: 1
I got this from Letterman making fun of GE on Late Night.
6. It's broadly agreed that the peak of Indo-Islamic architecture occurred during the 17th-century reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, marked by his buildings in the capital city of Delhi and the shrine to his wife in what other Northern Indian city?
Correct Answer: AGRA
Your Answer: Agra
Points Assigned: 0
6. It's broadly agreed that the peak of Indo-Islamic architecture occurred during the 17th-century reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, marked by his buildings in the capital city of Delhi and the shrine to his wife in what other Northern Indian city?
Correct Answer: AGRA
Your Answer: Agra
Points Assigned: 0
I have been to the Taj twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment