Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Brian Day 14

2/6  Dave M, I lost on defense with 4/6 yesterday, I feel your pain.

1) London 1/1 The Thames is in London, England, and there's a London in Ontario, Canada, so it seemed like a good guess

2) Obama 2/2  Can't wait 'til this app is banned and my kids' attention span can increase back up to 30 seconds. 

3) Ninja 3/2  just couldn't get there

4) March on Washington (I Have A Dream) 2/0  Almost switched it to Million Man March but wasn't sure  the timing worked out, and I refuse to call anything from the 90s an "historical event".

5) Johannesburg 1/1  Was certain this was correct based on a woman's name even though I had could not connect it to a singing group.  In retrospect the 'noblewoman' clue is pointing right at the answer.

6) Leitmotif 0/3  Was just reading about John Williams' leitmotifs, including Darth Vader's, last week.  Hopefully I earn a rare 3 pointer on this based on my classical music success rate.  Little do my opponents know my Star Wars success rate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment