Friday, September 21, 2018

Seif Day 24

3/6. A loss yesterday knocked me out of first right in the home stretch. Not sure today is going to help me claw my way back up. 

1. Euler :), D23. This should have been a total gimme for me, and was a gimme that that limit was e. But then (I sheepishly admit) I realized I wasn't certain e was named after Euler. Phew!

2. Prince :(, D11. No chance here. 

3. Philippines :(, D02. Disaster. I was very confident this was correct, and I didn't even consider anything else. Actually, I'm still not certain I would have gotten it even if I'd known it wasn't the Philippines. 

4. Arden :), D32. This was a good get. I've bought a number of gift certificates from here as gifts, so I was aware of the name. 

5. Finnish :), D21. There were a number of reasons I thought this was Finnish, all of which are due to a former girlfriend of mine who is half Finnish. Suomi means Finland in Finnish, and that was in the sentence (kind of). 

6. Peaky Blinders :(, D10. Nope!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment