2/6
1. In the general elections of 1995, incumbent Alberto Fujimori handily defeated former United Nations Secretary General Javier Pérez de Cuéllar to retain the presidency of what country?
Correct Answer: PERU
Your Answer: Chile
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
Correct Answer: PERU
Your Answer: Chile
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
I was positive it was Chile. I guess I messed that up in my brain before I had been to Peru so I had less of a geographic context for the info.
2. What term for fans of a work of art who romantically pair major characters in that work is believed to have originated with The X-Files, and fanfiction writers who detail a romantic union between Fox Mulder and Dana Scully?
Correct Answer: SHIPPER
Your Answer: XXX-filers
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
2. What term for fans of a work of art who romantically pair major characters in that work is believed to have originated with The X-Files, and fanfiction writers who detail a romantic union between Fox Mulder and Dana Scully?
Correct Answer: SHIPPER
Your Answer: XXX-filers
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
Never heard this term. I like my answer more.
3. What Yiddish term is used for the rendered chicken fat that is stirred into chopped liver and added to latkes and kugel, and whose preparation results in a crispy byproduct known as gribenes?
Correct Answer: SCHMALTZ
Your Answer: Shmaltz
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
3. What Yiddish term is used for the rendered chicken fat that is stirred into chopped liver and added to latkes and kugel, and whose preparation results in a crispy byproduct known as gribenes?
Correct Answer: SCHMALTZ
Your Answer: Shmaltz
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
This was a guess. Seemed right.
4. Two actors from the television series Friends appeared in multiple episodes of the first season of NYPD Blue. One was Robert Costanzo, who played Joey Tribbiani, Sr., and mafioso Alphonse Giardella. Who was the other actor, whose Josh "4B" Goldstein died tragically in NYPD Blue's fourth episode?
Correct Answer: DAVID SCHWIMMER
Your Answer: French Stewart
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
4. Two actors from the television series Friends appeared in multiple episodes of the first season of NYPD Blue. One was Robert Costanzo, who played Joey Tribbiani, Sr., and mafioso Alphonse Giardella. Who was the other actor, whose Josh "4B" Goldstein died tragically in NYPD Blue's fourth episode?
Correct Answer: DAVID SCHWIMMER
Your Answer: French Stewart
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I misread the clue and put in a junk answer. Not that I would have guessed Schwimmer, but I guess I had a 50% chance of getting it right.
5. The name for certain cuttlefish (and the genus in which they are classified) is used for a pigment derived from the fish's ink. The pigment was once commonly used for pen drawings and diluted "colored wash" painting, and the term is now used for a common photographic technique. What is that name/term?
Correct Answer: SEPIA
Your Answer: Sepia
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I thought of photo filters on my iphone and sepia seemed right for a diluted color wash look.
6. For a body orbiting the earth, the closest and furthest points of the orbit from earth are the perigee and apogee. What are the equivalent terms for the closest and furthest points of a body's orbit from the sun? (Note, correct spelling is required.)
Correct Answer: PERIHELION, APHELION
Your Answer: Perisol, Aposol
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
5. The name for certain cuttlefish (and the genus in which they are classified) is used for a pigment derived from the fish's ink. The pigment was once commonly used for pen drawings and diluted "colored wash" painting, and the term is now used for a common photographic technique. What is that name/term?
Correct Answer: SEPIA
Your Answer: Sepia
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I thought of photo filters on my iphone and sepia seemed right for a diluted color wash look.
6. For a body orbiting the earth, the closest and furthest points of the orbit from earth are the perigee and apogee. What are the equivalent terms for the closest and furthest points of a body's orbit from the sun? (Note, correct spelling is required.)
Correct Answer: PERIHELION, APHELION
Your Answer: Perisol, Aposol
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
Nope!
No comments:
Post a Comment