Thursday, September 13, 2018

Brian Day 18 vs Gideon

4/6.  I could get 9(6)ed today by Gideon, but probably not in LL proper.

1) Meghan Markle.  I knew they gave her a duchy, thought it might have been Australia. 1/1

2) Toto.  Gimme?  But had to defend high given the other categories. 2/2

3) Azerbaijan.  Hoping Gideon doesn't check and see that I got a Caspian Sea question correct recently.  I know where the Volga drains, I know Azerbaijan is sandwiched between the Black and the Caspian, and I read Prince Caspian.  1/3

4) Manilow.  Spent some time trying to remember who sang Brandy You're A Fine Girl, before I re-read the question and saw it was a #1 hit. Had to be Mandy.  Curious how this plays in the LLL. 2/2

5) nebula.  Ugh.  Dwarfs indicate galaxy, but I couldn't shake that the LMC was a nebula. Hopefully Gideon D0ed me after the Seveneves reference, the only reason I didn't D0 him is the next question.  0/1

6) Masada.  Gimme for the LLL.  My LL opponent knew neither shmaltz nor kreplach.  3/0

No comments:

Post a Comment