Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Jesse day 16

2/6

1. Lomond, Awe, Maree, Morar, and Tay are among the largest of the geographical features that are known in their native Scotland (and native Scottish Gaelic and Scots languages) by what term?
Correct Answer: LOCHS
Your Answer: Loch
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I have heard of Loch Lomond

2. According to the lyrics of a hit country music song from 2018 by the duo Dan + Shay, the narrator is reminded of his ex-love when he tastes what liquor, which provides the song's title?
Correct Answer: TEQUILA
Your Answer: Whisky
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

Tequila would have been my other guess. 

3. LeBron James is the NBA's #2 all-time career scorer among active players, with 31,038 points. What player is just ahead of him in first, and sixth all-time among all players, with 31,187? The player in question is signed for the 2018-19 season with his current (and only) team, which will set an NBA record for most seasons with the same team.
Correct Answer: DIRK NOWITZKI
Your Answer: Dirk Nowitski
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I follow the NBA pretty closely.

4. Transvaal Republic president Paul Kruger, the German spa town of Ems, President of the Reichstag Hermann Göring, and German Foreign Secretary Arthur Zimmermann are all, historically speaking, associated by name with what specific type of dispatch?
Correct Answer: TELEGRAM
Your Answer: Blitzkreig
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I am an idiot. I knew about the Zimmerman telegrams. For some reason my brain had trouble with the way the question was phrased and I put out an answer I was sure was wrong. 

5. From when Kelly Ripa replaced Kathie Lee Gifford in 2001 on the syndicated morning talk show that would be renamed Live with Regis and Kelly, until today, she has had three permanent co-hosts. The first was Regis Philbin—name both of the other two.
Correct Answer: MICHAEL STRAHAN, RYAN SEACREST
Your Answer: Strahan and someone else
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I just don't follow morning tv. 

6. A series of letters written by a young African American woman named Celie to God (interspersed with letters to and from other human characters) form the structure of what Pulitzer Prize-winning novel? 
Correct Answer: THE COLOR PURPLE
Your Answer: Dear God it's me, Celie
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Also, very gettable. I haven't seen the movie in many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment