Thursday, September 13, 2018

Jesse day 18

5/6

1. Who replaced Malcolm Turnbull on August 24, 2018, as Prime Minister of Australia?
Correct Answer: SCOTT MORRISON
Your Answer: Gillard
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I follow current events closely, but I have been buried in work ever since I got back from the Maldives. I just missed this one. Put down Gillard knowing it wasn't likely she was somehow prime minister again. 

2. In the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz, who pulls back the curtain to reveal that the "Wizard" is just a blustery man talking into a microphone?
Correct Answer: TOTO
Your Answer: Toto
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I remembered the scene. 

3. The Caspian Sea is bordered by five countries: Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia, Turkmenistan, and what fifth?
Correct Answer: AZERBAIJAN
Your Answer: Azerbaijan
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

About a year ago a swam in Caspian sea off the coast of Azerbaijan. It was oddly warm. 

4. "Brandy" was a hit in the UK in 1971 for the song's co-writer, Scott English, but became, under a slightly altered name, a much greater hit (and first US #1) in 1974 for what other artist?
Correct Answer: BARRY MANILOW
Your Answer: Manilow
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

Mandy was the first thing to pop into my mind. 

5. Canis Major Dwarf, Segue 1, Sagittarius Dwarf, Ursa Major II Dwarf, Triangulum II, and Large Magellanic Cloud are names of different celestial objects known as what?
Correct Answer: GALAXIES
Your Answer: Galaxies
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I knew the Large Magellanic Cloud was a galaxy. 

6. What is the name of the mountain fortress in the Judaean desert, perched atop a plateau 1,300 feet above the western shores of the Dead Sea, that was fortified between 37 and 31 BCE and is now a national park and UNESCO World Heritage Site?
Correct Answer: MASADA
Your Answer: Masada
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I was there in 1997. 

No comments:

Post a Comment