6/6! Good categories and a lot of luck were necessary to make that happen. Interesting defense today. I'm not sure I've ever had two defenses that were less alike.
1. Bernie Mac :), D12. Spent most of my time on this, and I'm surprised to have gotten it. I had no idea who was in Ocean's 11, so I tried to think of a show that would fit the clue. Finally Bernie Mac popped into my head and I hoped for the best. All this for a clue that's probably a gimme for most people.
2. Sri Lanka :), D30. Sinhalese and island can only be Sri Lanka.
3. Visa :), D01. Didn't know this, but it seemed like it had to be one of the CC payments companies. The firms that founded it and the coloring mad Visa the logical guess.
4. Volstead Act :), D23. We'll see if I'm wrong, but I think this is a pretty hard American history question. I love these.
5. A Farewell to Arms :), D12. Hugely lucky timing on this clue. This book came up for me in a different context two days ago. If that hadn't happened, no way I would have gotten this.
6. Oxygen :), D21. Glad the question only asked for one! I knew this, but I think I would have struggled to get the other two.
No comments:
Post a Comment