Friday, September 21, 2018

Jesse day 24

4/6 

1. The limit of (1 + 1/n)<SUP>n</SUP> as n approaches infinity is a number that is known as Napier's constant, but is more commonly named (and represented symbolically) after what other individual?
Correct Answer: LEONHARD EULER
Your Answer: Einstein
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I had no idea.

2. Blue Period, Blue Moods, Blue Haze, and Kind of Blue are all albums by what musical artist?
Correct Answer: MILES DAVIS
Your Answer: Miles Davis
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I have Blur Period and Kind of Blue. If you don't know Kind of Blue is a Miles Davis than you really don't know anything about Jazz. Such a perfect album.  

3. In the 1920s and 1930s, a revolutionary and guerrilla leader named Augusto César Sandino directed a rebellion against United States military occupation of what country, where he remains a national hero?
Correct Answer: NICARAGUA
Your Answer: Nicaragua
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I got this from listening to The Clash

4. The company founded in 1910 on New York's Fifth Avenue as Red Door salon, which retains a red door as its corporate logo (and name of its signature fragrance), is today named after its founder, a Canadian businesswoman born Florence Nightingale Graham. What is that name, shared by the company and the woman?
Correct Answer: ELIZABETH ARDEN
Your Answer: Estee Lauder
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I had no idea. 

5. In what language is the following sentence written? Tämä kieli kuuluu uralilaisten kielten itämerensuomalaiseen kieliryhmään. Äidinkielenään sitä puhuu 4,9 miljoonaa ja toisena kielenään 0,5 miljoonaa ihmistä.
Correct Answer: FINNISH
Your Answer: Finnish
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I used to live in Finland.

6. "The Blind Banker," "The Reichenbach Fall," "The Empty Hearse," and "The Final Problem" are names of episodes from a crime drama series that debuted on the BBC in July 2010? What is the title of that series?
Correct Answer: SHERLOCK
Your Answer: Sherlock
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I remembered the Empty Hearse as an episode title. I have seen all of the series so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment