Friday, September 7, 2018

Seif Day 14 vs. Mirkin (LLL)

Somehow pulled off a 4/6 with some good luck and despite a bit of bad luck. I will be hard to defend against today due to the mix of right answers. 

1. Peru :), D20. Only one I knew I was going to get. The Fujimori Family is still a force in Peru. 

2. X-Beta :(, D12. Absolutely no clue. 

3. Shmaltz :), D31. This popped into my head, but I have to admit (somewhat sheepish) that I wasn't certain. Would have been an embarrassing miss. 

4. Schwimmer :), D02. I had no clue, so I just guessed the most obvious one. I feel good about the D0 for regular. 

5. Sepia :), D23. I knew this was (though I now see it no longer is) an iPhone setting for photos. This was pretty lucky. 

6. Perihelion, apohelion :(, D11. [expletive], [expletive], [expletive]!!! Off by one extra letter. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the letter between p and h on the second word and never even considered that there wasn't one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment