Apologies to Brian for my not posting yesterday. I wrote that god was a girl and that cost me the match.
Today. Interesting question set. Hard to defend against me for Steiny today I think.
1 :) Susan b Anthony, Sacajawiya [sic]. Susan was an instaget, and then thinking of another woman made me remember that there was a Sacajawiya something so I went with that. D11
2 :( Dakar. D32. I didn't know Brazzaville and Kinshasa were literally across the river from each other, though I had considered the pair. They were about 4th down my list. I thought that the shape of The Gambia made it a good candidate for half the pair (also Djibouti's size and Swaziland's size and location) and thought about Lome but it was all wrong. I should have inferred from the lack of an additional hint that it was a more renowned pairing of cities, but I didn't. Like the next question, I hope this draws a low D.
3 :( scalar. D22 I hope this draws the D0. I've heard of rasterizing But would never have used raster in this way. Embarrassing miss for me.
4 :( Philadelphia. I don't know this song, but it seems middle of the plate for Steiny, unless he spent all his time memorizing animaniacs. I was thinking about putting a cardinal direction in there, but it would have been south. I blame journey and south Detroit for that. D11.
5 :( Oldfield. D03. My approach of Thinking of an anglicized composer name was destined to fail. Gustav.
6 :) shoe. Easiest of the lot for Steiny I decided. Even without sabot. D20
I would have given away a 3(2) against myself today. I totally whiffed on 2 of my 3 wheelhouses.
No comments:
Post a Comment