5/6 today. I thought I had 5 when I submitted, but I missed one I thought was right and improbably got one that was not much more than a wild guess.
1. Quadriceps :), D11. There were four muscle groups listed ("quad") and "femoris" sounds like femur. So, though I didn't know it, I felt very confident it was right.
2. Pomeranian :), D10. I assume this pays based on Thorsten's historical grading. I doubt I would have gotten this without the dog clue. And that's good, since I would have been apoplectic if I'd missed a third geography question this season by day 8.
3. Court :(, D22. I felt very confident that this was right. How many Australian women have even won Wimbledon in the Open Era? I guess at least two.
4. Muhammad Ali :), D22. I remember when the airport was renamed a year or two ago, so that made it clear to me. I had never heard of the author. I'm wondering if I could have come up with it just based on the Egyptian viceroy, who was pretty famous. I guess I'll just have to wonder.
5. Caterpillar :), D01. One of my favorite kids books.
6. The Pips :), D33. Boom! I'm as surprised as anyone to have gotten this. It certainly should get me 3 points. I knew Gladys Knight and the Pips sang Midnight Train to Georgia, and I saw Atlanta, so that's what I went with. I didn't even notice (until I looked it up afterwards) that one of the three people had the last name Knight.
No comments:
Post a Comment