Thursday, August 27, 2020

Ben Day 7

I was away and wasn't posting

Day 7: leaving myself a little at Thorsten's mercy here given the form of my answers.
1 :) Cultural. I assume leaving out revolution is ok. Almost missed this one too Jesse. I got distracted and came back to it and it seemed so obvious.
2 :) Gene Simmonds. I assume having D is ok. Figured it might be names given the clue wording.
3 :) Chelsea. I assume not speciying 'hotel' is ok. Know this from Bob Dylan.
4 :) viking helmet. I assume not having 'horned' is ok
5 :) nano.
6 :( heart attack. Sounds delicious.

Day 6
1 :) gallery. Thought for a few minutes here and this was by far the best of the 5 or so words I thought of
2 :( Watson. Is JLC a hermaphrodite? There was a rumor to that effect at some point.
3 :) chimps/gorillas I went the right way on the order thanks to my daughters' book collection.
4 :) Sony. Just knew it
5 :( Memphis. Close.
6 :( Library. Net net I'm positive points from playing civ, but civ1 permanently broke my brain on the 7 ancient wonders and I can never get it right. Had lighthouse in and took it out. Kills me. embarrassing. At least I have Brian for company.  Jesse - thanks for that Sid Meier video. I hadn't seen it.

Day 5
1 :) Albuquerque. Went through plausible US cities for quite some time. Did not know the game name.
2 :( Whitesnake.
3 :) Manhattan clam chowder. Nice to have a chowder question while in New England.
4 :) Asteroids. Given I'm watching the expanse at the moment I enjoyed the shout out to Ceres. Beltalowdas!!!
5 :) Mugabe. No other guess.
6 :( Fighter pilot. I thought maybe top gun? I've since learnt that this is the guy from Parenthood.

Day 4
1 :( Marbles. Thought long and hard and thought I had it, even though I'd never heard of squidging.
2 :( Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon. No real shot here?
3 :) Centurions.
4 :( Cajun. Never heard of this.
5 :) Titration. Can't forget this word given my high school chem teacher's rather severe speech impediment. Titwation!
6 :) Little Red Riding Hood. Poor Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment