Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Brian Day 1 vs rando and Ben

 Welcome back!  First, thank you to everyone (especially Kim and Debbie!) who participated in my Children of the 80s One-Day, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  

Starting the season with a 4/6, but unsure of my defense.  Also, I was unexpectedly and unfairly promoted up to B rundle, where I am sure to be demolished and a 4/6 won't cut it.

1) Nautilus  1/2 (for Ben) First thing that popped into my mind, probably from Tom Clancy books, and it felt better than the Pequod or the Argo.  I think I defended too high for Ben.

2) Virgin 1/0  Was between Virgin and Orange.  I"ve never heard of O2, is that Orange?  Regretting low defense, I feel like this is a recent naming by an obscure company.

3) Rhesus   0/1  Gimme for me, but unsure how common knowledge of the Rh factor is.

4) Life of Pi  3/3 Never heard of it

5) Pick 2/1   Can't believe this is correct.  Seems like the default answer, unless you talk yourself out of it, as I almost did.  Plectrum sounds sort of like pluck, but -ectrum sounds electric, so I was between pick and whammy bar, though I was convinced neither was correct and it would be the thingy which can hold down the strings higher up.  (I just looked it up, it's called a capo.)  I ultimately decided I'd be angrier at myself for answering whammy bar and seeing pick was correct than I would be if I chose pick and whammy bar was correct.  I have a strange feeling Ben has played guitar

6) Hawaii 5-0  2/2 An all-time great theme song, I definitely saw reruns as a kid.  Okay, maybe they weren't reruns. 

Nice defense Ben, we have a 4(4)-4(3) tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment