Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Seif Day 6 vs. Steiny (LLL)

Debbie, as someone who spends a lot of time in Rhode Island, I feel duty bound to correct the misinformation about it.  Rhode Island clam chowder is a clear-based soup, not tomato-based.  And, though very hard to find outside of Rhode Island, it's my personal favorite of the three.  However, I respect the casual lack of knowledge about RI even from someone who grew up just 10 miles from the state.  Why bother with that backwards state next door?

4/6 today.  I think I will actually be somewhat difficult to defend, which makes me feel reasonably confident about how today will go.

1. Gallery :), D11.  Very weirdly phrased question.  But I didn't see anything else besides gallery that it could possibly be.

2. Andrews :(, D12.  Just a guess.  I was going for Julie Andrews here.

3. Chimpanzees, Gorillas :), D21.  Phew.  I knew chimps was right, and I then guessed/hoped that the most obvious other answer, gorillas, was also right.  I also considered bonobos.

4. Sony :), D00.  Maybe I don't qualify as a child of the 80s, but this was gimmeish.  I think it's the easiest question of the day.

5. Atlanta :(, D22.  This is the second geography question I've missed this season already.  That drives me nuts.  Hopefully this draws some D0s.

6. Lighthouse :), D33.  My whole defense today is predicated on this being a very tough question.  First one has to recognize that these are the seven wonders of the ancient world.  I suspect many/most people will get that.  But... then one has to not get tripped up and put "wall," which I initially wrote down and which I'm confident will be by far the MCW.  Once I realized it was lighthouse, I was willing to bet on it having a surprisingly low get rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment